Book chapters and Journal Articles
- Krishna, Anirudh & Sujeet Kumar (2023). “Why Do Poorer Kids Not Move Ahead Faster?” Economic and Political Weekly, Vol LVIII, NO 19
- Krishna, Anirudh, Sujeet Kumar, & Emily Rains (2023). “A Range of Informality Across Cities and Slums: Understanding Precarity in Patna’s Slums Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic.” Journal of South Asian Development, DOI: 10.1177/0973174123115570.
- Kumar, Sujeet & A. Malathi (2022). “Law and Governance: Lessons from the Covid-19 Pandemic, in Social Work in Emergencies, Zubair Meenai and Archana Dassi (eds.), London: Bloomsbury.
- Kumar, Sujeet (2020). “Forest Rights Act Enables State Control of Land and Denies Most Adivasis and Forest Dwellers Land Rights.” Economic and Political Weekly, 55, No. 6.
- Kumar, Sujeet (2017). “Urbanization and Slum Dwellers: A Study of NGOs in Delhi’s Slums.” Emerging Challenges of Globalization and Development, Surinder Kumar, and Fahimuddin (eds.), New Delhi: Rawat Publication.
- Kumar, Sujeet (2016). “Public Participation and Role of NGOs: A Study of Delhi’s Slums.” Public Participation in Planning in India, Ashok Kumar, and Poonam Prakash (eds.), Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Kumar, Sujeet (2016). “Politics of Funding: Interface of NGOs and CSR Provision in India.” Corporate Social Responsibility: Quest for Socio-Economic Transformation, Ranjit Singh Ghuman, and Rajiv Sharma (eds.), Chandigarh: CRRID.
- Michael Lavalette (ed.), What is the Future of Social Work? in Social Work Education, DOI: 10.1080/02615479.2022.2046803, Feb 2022
- Jim Midgely, 2021, Inequality, Social Problems, and Social Justice in Journal of Social Work, Vol. 22, No 1, pp. 295-297, Oct 2021
- Paul Chatterton, 2018, Unlocking Sustainable Cities: A Manifesto for Real Change in Urbanities – Journal of Urban Ethnography, Vol. 9, No 1, pp. 108-110, May 2019
- Are Indian Kids Getting Enough Opportunities Realise Their Capabilities, (with Prof Anirudh Krishna), in The Wire, 2023
- Why Eradicating Open Defecation Is Not the Same as Setting up New Toilets, in The Wire, 2022
- Migrants and making of society, in Telangana Today, 2022
- Open Bank Accounts, But Also Ensure Regular Transactions and Credit to Protect the Poor, in The Wire, 2022
- As India’s COVID crisis worsens, leaders play the blame game while the poor suffer once again, in The Conversation, 2021
- Mahamari ke sach se ham anjaan ya befikra (Unaware or careless of truth of the epidemic) with Prof Anirudh Krishna, in Hindi Daily – Rajasthan Patrika, 2021
- Recognize Right of Forest Dwellers, in Telangana Today, 2019
- India: decades of hostility against NGOs have worsened under Narendra Modi, in The Conversation, 2019
- India Promised of 100 Smart Cities, but the poor are sidelined again, in The Conversation, 2018